Portfolio

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hello... Hello!
*combs through cobwebs*

This is Bonita your captain speaking. Is anyone here? lol *kidding*

But really though, I don't even know who or what is going on in the blog-sphere anymore. I believe its time for me to breathe some life back into this thing. I was considered deleting this account and starting anew since it has been almost 3 years since my last post. But I've decided that I've been rocking with this name (the perfect metaphor) for too long to part from it (not to mention its my tumblr name as well). So I am staying! Actually, I have been planning on writing this come back post for the past few months now, but I never got around to doing it. So today, I am making it my business to finally say something.

Soooo to briefly get you all caught up with what's been going on with me lately, I have crossed the bridge to the entrepreneur world.

Yep, that's right.

I am now a independent contractor, aka freelancer, aka I work for myself, aka HIRE ME as your photographer and/or illustrator......NOW. lol
It has been a long time coming and to tell you the truth, I am happy that I've finally made that move. There has always been a feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me that I would be better off working for myself, but the FEAR of failure kept me from jumping on my own bandwagon and driving that bitch. But no no, we all know that living like a hermit is no way to live and prosper. I am here to ride that hoe till the wheels fall off. I'm still learning the ins and out and embracing the challenges of being a new independent freelancer, but I am pretty excited about this path that my life is headed.

I planning to take this blog into a new realm. So far gone are the days of ranting about my first world problems. From here on out, Theperfectmetaphor will be my official blog to coincide with my website. [which is www.bonitastar.com might I add]. The goal here is to keep it slightly interactive, while I document my journey in developing my brand. I will try to post a mixture of updates for my work, personal writings of encouragement, a little bit of my favorite things (like music and videos), and tips and tricks on a plethora of topics ranging from design to marketing.

I hope that my journey can inspire those of you that do follow my blog to ride your own wave. Let's get it.

 Bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment